vegan blueberry muffins
recipe under the cut!
makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups cake flour, pastry flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- zest from one lemon (optional)
- ½ cup turbinado or other granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup blueberries
- preheat oven to 375F.
- mix milk and lemon juice and set aside to curdle.
- combine flour, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- mix sugars, oil, vanilla extract, and milk mixture and stir until dissolved.
- pour the sugar mixture into the other dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- gently fold the blueberries in until evenly distributed.
- spoon batter into a muffin tin that’s been greased or lined with muffin cups. sprinkle additional turbinado sugar on top, if desired.
- bake for 20-25 minutes, until a knife slid into the center of a muffin comes out clean.