vegan & gluten-free cinnamon / almond / orange Moroccan ghriba
recipe under the cut!
- 2 cups almond meal (220g)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (90g)
- zest of 1 orange
- pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp melted non-dairy margarine
- 2 tsp orange blossom water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- additional powdered sugar, to top
- about 2 tsp ground cinnamon, to top
- whole almonds, to top
1. mix almond meal, powdered sugar, orange zest, and salt in a large bowl. add wet ingredients and knead until combined (it may take a few minutes for all of the almond meal to be incorporated). wrap and refrigerate for about an hour.
2. line a baking sheet with parchment paper. shape dough into small balls about an inch in diameter and flatten slightly. roll each cookie in powdered sugar, then top with a pinch of ground cinnamon and an almond.
3. bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 F (175 C), until firm to the touch.