date & walnut basil pesto with angel hair pasta (optionally vegan)
recipe under the cut!
- 2 ½ cup fresh basil
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp coriander
½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 8oz. bag of angel hair nests
- (vegan) parmesan cheese to top
1. pulse basil, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor until well incorporated.
2. add olive oil gradually while the food processor runs on low.
3. stir in nutmeg, coriander, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. taste and adjust.
4. prepare angel hair nests according to package directions. remove them from the water with a slotted spoon and place directly into serving dishes to prevent them from coming apart.
5. top with pesto, parmesan cheese, chopped dates and additional basil as desired.